background

Friday, January 19, 2024

Frugal Friday File, January 19...

 

1.  Carey has been keeping the fireplace going (during waking hours) to augment the heater usage during the cold snap.   Free wood harvested from our own trees damaged in last year's ice storm.

2.  I haven't left the house all week.  No gasoline used.  I have done some online shopping, but only for necessary items.

3.  I placed an order for stamps before the price goes up on the Sunday.

4.  We are almost out of dishwasher detergent.  Carey bought the last ones which were a different type than I had purchased in the past.  I got to wondering about the plastic wrapping of the pods he purchased and wondering how safe that is.   I found information stating that the wrapping dissolves and does not stay on dishes.  But then came across info that the dissolved wrapping, when drained into the water system takes their microplastics downstream.  I found some from TrueEarth that are not wrapped in plastic or packaged in plastic.  I ordered an individual order to see how I like them.  

5.  I've been using Sheets Laundry Club brand of laundry sheets for quite awhile now, and I do like them.  I like that there is no plastic packaging, and the box is completely recyclable, I love the small package and the ease of use, and the fact that it is less expensive than liquid detergent.  But upon reading a comparison of laundry sheets, I came across HeySunday, which is a little bit less expensive, and it has a longer lasting scent and higher rated stain removal.  It's not available through Amazon, so I went to their website and subscribed for the lower price since it said you could unsubscribe at any time.  

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  Slow-cooker bbq drumsticks, mac & cheese, baked beans

Sunday:  Hamburgers (homecooked)

Monday:  Kale Salad with roasted vegetables and salmon

Tuesday:  Sloppy Joes, coleslaw, leftover mac & cheese

Wednesday:  takeout fried chicken

**Thursday:  Roasted Vegetable Penne

**Friday:  Potato Soup w/ Cheddar Bay Biscuits

(** designates meatless meal)

1 comment:

  1. Great laundry tips! I use powdered dishwasher detergent, Target's brand, because our new dishwasher doesn't take liquid.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails