background

Monday, January 8, 2024

Freezer clean out...

 I cleaned out the freezer on Saturday.  I won't say there was no food waste.  But everything discarded had been way outdated and/or was freezer burnt.  Now instead of a jumble, I have an easy map to what's in there.

Top drawer left to right:  reusable ice packs, nuts (plus my little jar of garlic), frozen mashed bananas, ice cream

Bottom drawer left to right: fruit, onion rings/french fries, vegetables

Now, when meal planning, I can see what needs to be used up before buying something.  When I saw how much fruit I have, I decided that I need to have smoothies for breakfast every day this month!  I'm sipping today's as I type.  😋

4 comments:

  1. Are the frozen mashed bananas for your smoothies? What's your go-to recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frozen mashed banana is for baked oatmeal. I can post that recipe. My smoothies are basically frozen fruit, milk, and a little honey. I used to put protein powder in it, and sub coconut milk for the milk. It's a pretty 'fluid' recipe. :) pardon the pun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and sometimes I put oatmeal in smoothies too!

      Delete
  3. Oh! I did that to my freezer recently, too. It's so nice to know what is in there. This has happened before and I promised myself to keep it that way... but I really think I'll succeed this time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails