background

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

A minor home project...

 

I have hated the dated look of these vanity lights since we moved in thirteen years ago, but they've never been a real priority.  Never really found anything else that could be configured for our need.  Though this mirror (shown above) only has one bar of lights, the other vanity in the room has a bar like this, and then another on the perpendicular wall.  So for the three light bars, there are 20 or so bulbs.

I found these socket inserts.  They screw into the light bar, and they have a swivel extension that allows the bulb to be oriented downward.

I replaced the round bulbs with Edison bulbs.  It's a small change, but is a slight update.  I'm living with it for awhile, trying to decide if I want the chrome fixtures removed from the wall and painted more of a bronze color.  Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am leaning toward it, but Carey is not excited, and I completely understand why. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails