Half way through the year!
1. I picked up a day of work. Carey is working 3 extra days to cover for a coworker who is a new dad.
2. Enjoyed a library book and read it very quickly. The day I finished it, I needed to run an errand that would take me near the library, so I returned the book a week and a half before it was due...I didn't have to make a separate trip later...I didn't accidentally forget and incur a fine...and I didn't deprive the next person on the reserve list any longer than necessary.
3. Though I did make a menu plan and shopping list, I haven't actually made the trip to the grocery yet. Keep challenging myself to find something workable from the pantry and freezer (though we did have a couple of meals out this week).
4. Designing a toy for Rudy that will withstand rough tug-of-war.
5. Keeping hands off the thermostat. Remembering to turn off the ceiling fan when I leave the room for an extended period.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: *fried chicken
Tuesday: quiche and green beans
Wednesday: Mexican Cornbread casserole
Friday: tuna casserole?
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)