background

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

What I'm reading Wednesday

Things to Look Forward To: 52 Large and Small Joys for Today and Every Day
by Sophie Blackall

This was an ebook impulse buy from Kindle Deal of the Day email received this week.  I paid $1.99. The short essays and the author's illustrations are delightful.  I read it in one sitting, and I will go back to it again...and maybe again...on repeat.

I want to buy a hardcover copy of it and tuck things like movie ticket stubs, old photographs, and postcards into it.  I've also ordered a hard copy of it to give as a gift.

The Alienist by Caleb Car

This one caught my eye on special price for Kindle.  I briefly thought about buying for $1.99, but, as always, I checked the ebooks at library instead, and they had it available for checkout.  

I haven't seen the Netflix program, but am aware of it...I've currently started reading another book that I want to put off reading for awhile...I'm waiting on reserve to come up for one I really want to read...so I thought I'd give this one a try.  Hardly a ringing endorsement, but then I haven't started it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails