background

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sunday desserts, 4/21/2024...

On Sundays we have supper with Kasey and Beau and family at their house.  We've been doing that for around ten years now.  We usually have something from the slow cooker if Kasey is doing the cooking, or something from the grill if Beau is doing the cooking.  From the start I've been taking a dessert almost every week.  I never missed in the early days, as I never wanted to disappoint my sweet grandchildren.  My youngest grandson asked me one Sunday, "How do you think of a different dessert every week!?"  (Thank you, Pinterest, for making me a super Grandma!)
 Aside from delighting the grands, it is also a way that I still get to prepare desserts without Carey and I having to eat the whole thing on our own.

This week I had those yummy free blueberries in the fridge, and in the springtime I always crave something lemony, so I searched for Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake, and this one popped up.  Thanks to realhousemoms.com for the recipe, and I've linked to their recipe above right under the first photo.

The lemon flavor and generous blueberry ratio make this delicious.  The ease of preparation makes it a keeper.  I should have taken it out of the oven about 10 minutes sooner, but even so, it is moist and yummy!

About the time I took it out of the oven, Kasey texted me that they need to postpone Sunday supper till Monday this week.  I'm sure it will still be delicious tomorrow, but I shouldn't be held responsible if there are a number or slices missing by then!  :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous and sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lemon Blueberry Cake - I used to have a recipe but misplaced it, now I have a new one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The batter is VERY thick, almost more of a dough, so I spread it evenly in the bundt pan. And I'll watch it's nearing end time to make sure I don't over bake.

      Delete
  3. I love a good berry/lemon combo and this looks perfect. I also love bundt cakes which are just too easy!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails