background

Friday, April 26, 2024

2024 Frugal Friday File, April 26...

 

1.  I have a trip coming up to visit an old friend.  I haven't flown in at least fifteen years (in fact my last flight may have been to visit this particular friend).  Luggage rules have changed in that time.  Since I fly so rarely, and my current luggage works for the car trips we usually take, I will be borrowing carry-on luggage from Kasey instead of buying.

2.  Last night Carey was eating leftover pizza.  I wasn't starving, but I wanted something.  As I looked through the fridge, I saw the remainder of the blueberries (that Carey said he would eat, but he hadn't eaten all week).  I had a bag of lettuce mix, I added the blueberries, some pears from the pantry, some pecans from the freezer, some feta, and I mixed up a quick Honey Dijon dressing.  It was all things that were needing to be used up and/or hanging out waiting to be used.  It took all of five minutes (opening the can of pears was the hardest part).  It was fabulous.  

3.  A week or two ago I had some blood work done.  The lab was in a building that was nearly impossible to find.  GPS sent me to a weird dead-end roundabout and down an alley.  I pulled over and Googled two more times and drove back to a known starting point twice before I found it.  Originally, I had felt stupid for leaving an hour early, but thank goodness I did, because I arrived barely on time.  

This morning I am having a mammogram at a different provider than I have gone to in the past.  Guess where it is located...same building!  I won't waste time and gasoline finding it this time.  It is burned in my memory!

4.  I will pick up a reserved library book on my way home.

5.  Tax refund arrived!  I have squirreled it away into four different subaccounts: some for emergency cash, some toward money waiting to pay our long-term care premium at the end of the year,  some toward property taxes also due at end of the year, and some in a long neglected account to go toward our next vehicle (I'm really hoping we won't need one for a long time, but really need to keep socking away for that purpose when I can.

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  Leftovers

Sunday:  leftovers

Monday:  Sunday supper at Kasey & Beau's

Tuesday:  No Peek Chicken

Wednesday:  Homemade Pizza

Thursday:  Carey leftover pizza - me **salad

Friday:  ?

**designates meatless meal

4 comments:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails