background

Friday, April 5, 2024

2024 Frugal Friday File, April 5...

 

1.  Picked up my grocery order, and a 24 ounce container of sour cream was split and leaking.  Luckily it was in a bag with just one other item that was able to be wiped off.  Phoned the grocery help line, and was cheerily refunded the $3.62 without having to return the damaged item.  I had taken a photo of the damaged carton that I offered to send, but they didn't need to see that either.

2.  Batched an errand with the grocery order pickup, and drove through the library parking lot to return the book I just finished.  Seven miles to town is a trip you don't want to have to repeat unnecessarily.

3.  Carey finished building one of two floating shelves for the half bath located in the craft room/office.  Then decided that he wanted to paint the bathroom before putting the shelf up.  He found a gallon of paint from the guest room re-do a few years ago.  I was happy to have that color in that bathroom as well.  Painting completed, and the shelf was installed.  He's built the second shelf that will go above the first, and will install it soon.  I'm tickled pink, as it all turned out even better than I had asked for at very little expense!

4.  Spent a lovely evening last night with our friends visiting from Canada.  I made homemade lasagna and salad.  They brought a bottle of wine.  We enjoyed a relaxed evening, not having to talk over poor acoustics in a restaurant, or an expensive tab.

5.  This morning, another two reserved items became available at the library.  One of them was for Carey.  He said he would pick them up while he was out, but would need my library card.  I asked him, "You know what I want for our anniversary this year?  For you to get your own library card."   Our anniversary is in a couple of weeks, so he bit at that; he picked up the library books using my library card, and got his own library card while he was there.  I'm very, very happy, considering that I have been asking him to get a card since we moved here fourteen years ago!

     He reads a lot, particularly in the winter.  But since he has always worked away from home so much, he didn't like to take library books out of town with him in case they got left somewhere, etc.  So he's always preferred to peruse the library's used book nook and purchase from there, then re-donate them when he was done.  He's retired now, so he doesn't have to worry about losing books, and the general library selections are greatly more varied than the used donation book nook.  I think he will be happy...and not just with the free anniversary gift!  :)

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  takeout salad (me) & Philly Cheesesteak (Carey)

Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's

Monday:  Chili Frito Pie

Tuesday:  Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

Wednesday:  leftovers

Thursday:  Lasagna, Salad, and Key Lime Pie

Friday:  leftovers

**designates meatless meal

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you had leftover paint, and it was a color that worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like more and more places just give you a credit for a damaged item and don't ask you to send in a photo.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails