background

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

What I'm Reading Wednesday...

 
The Strange Courtship of Kathleen O'Dwyer by Robert Temple
I completed this one over the weekend.  I liked it.  Sort of an unconventional love story, with a lot of feminine self-reliance, horseback riding, fighting, shooting, and hunting that moves the story along.  


The Berry Pickers by Amanda Peters
I've been waiting on the ebook of this one to be available from the library for months.  I just finished it last night, and loved it.  Indigenous Canadian family crosses the border into Maine to pick blue berries year after year.  And one year their four-year-old daughter disappears on the first day of picking.  Couldn't put it down.  (If you enjoyed the Little Bird series on PBS, you will want to read this one.)


Death at a Scottish Wedding by Lucy Connelly
I'm about to start this one, but it will have to wait until tonight as I am working today.  This is the 2nd in the Scottish Isle Mystery series by Lucy Connelly.  It is newly acquired at our library, so of course I jumped on the reserve list.

I am having a heck of a time keeping up; trying to finish each read before the next on my reserve list is ready.  :)


2 comments:

  1. As always your picks sound interesting! I’ve read the last one and hope you enjoy it too. Just requested the first one and am once again grateful my library system participates in the Link + cross library system lending program.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails