background

Friday, April 19, 2024

2024 Frugal Friday File, April 19...

 

1.  Planned the menu for the week, placed grocery order.  Our grocery does a fantastic job getting orders correct, but there were quite a few errors this week.  I first noticed when I came across an 18 oz container of fresh blueberries which I knew I hadn't ordered, along with a pint of half & half which also had not been on my order.  Then I decided I'd better check everything on the order, and I found four missing items totaling about $18. 

I phoned customer service and was completely honest about what was missing and what was included which I was not charged for.  They pleasantly reimbursed me the $18, and told me to keep the items that they sent out in error ($8 value) free of charge.  

This is the second time in the past month or so that I've had to call about a refund; the last time was about a damaged container that had leaked a lot of its contents.  I have been ordering online and picking up since the pandemic started...four years now?...and these are the only errors I have been aware of in all that time!  Customer service is so friendly and helpful, that even with the errors the process is much, MUCH less stressful than going in store and 'hunting and gathering' myself, not to mention standing in long lines.  And no impulse purchases!  :)

2.  I cancelled a monthly subscription for Britbox that was set to renew tomorrow.  as I wasn't using it.  I am also subscribed to Acorn, and was going to cancel it as well; however when I clicked cancel, it asked if I would keep it if I could get 3 months for half price.  I chose that option, but if I don't watch it regularly between now and then, I'm canceling at the end of that period.

3.  We did not buy each other anniversary gifts, not that we often do.  I think I mentioned that I told Carey what I would dearly love was for him to get his own library card, which he did.  

4.  Received the paycheck for the days I worked last week, and I booked another day for next month.

5.  Other than for food, it was a no-spend week!

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  takeout fried chicken

Sunday:  Sunday supper at Kasey & Beau's

Monday:  Spanish Rice

Tuesday:  Vegetable Fried Rice

Wednesday:  anniversary dinner out

Thursday:  Quiche

Friday:  Meatloaf, Baked Potatoes, Corn

**designates meatless meal

3 comments:

  1. I really should check out online grocery shopping. I do too much impulse buying. Do you buy produce and meat in your online order and is the quality good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do include produce and meat in my online orders. The only things that I have found to be a little tricky are avocados, but those can be tricky to get right even if you shop in person. Somebody told me that the 'shoppers' are encouraged to get best meats and produce they can for the curbside orders, to keep people using the service.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails