background

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Happy Birthday, Disco Baby...


I was SO excited to come across this mirror-ball plant pot.

Kasey says that she hates disco, but being born in 1977, I call her my disco baby.  She is also about the least bling-y girl there is.  

When she and I went to visit my mother-in-law awhile back, there was a car in the parking lot with a rhinestone steering-wheel cover, and Kasey commented on her distaste for it.  I filed that away till we got home.  Then I set to work gathering every bling-y car accessory I could find and held on to it till her birthday.

While she and Beau were busy with prom stuff with Chloe, Carey, Caitlyn, and I set to work.  Carey put on the rhinestone-covered license plate cover.

There were also tire valve caps for him to put on all four tires.

Caitlyn and I did the inside with rhinestone drink-holder coasters, console cover...


...steering-wheel cover, ignition ring, radio-button rings,  and gear-shift cover.  There's one or two things that I don't think she will find for awhile, so I won't name them here in case she peeks.  

As we were working, Caitlyn said, "Mom is going to hate this."

I said, "I KNOW!  I'm SO excited!"

She has already texted me that she is on to me. .' She referred to her car as being 'bedazzled.'  LOL

This was a very satisfying birthday surprise for my disco baby!  I can only imagine that the majority has been or very soon will be dismantled, but it was totally worth it.  :)

 

7 comments:

  1. LOL, bedazzled! That's a throwback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Remember those commercials? :)

      Delete
  2. Wondering what your next birthday surprise will be 🤭 and I am amazed that there are all those rhinestone car accessories available! What a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little worried about the payback. LOL

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I do too! When the sun hits it, it sends sparkles all around! :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails