background

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

What I'm reading Wednesday...

 

The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa

How do you form a relationship with an employer for whom each daily visit is a first-time encounter?  

After a car accident, the professor has only 80 minutes of memory at a time before the slate is wiped clean and starts over.  He copes by writing himself notes and clipping them to his clothes where they are visible to him as reminders.  His life constant is mathematics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails