background

Friday, February 26, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 8...

 


Successes:
1. Hooray for my employer.  Though  whole week of the winter inclement weather was spent at home, it was all paid without having to use up vacation.

2.  This week's "What I'm Reading Wednesday" book was recommended by a friend whose brother had just recommended it to her.  I checked it out on Amazon, decided that it sounded like something I would enjoy, then I went to my library website to find that it was owned by the library and was on the shelf.  I placed a reserve on it, and picked it up a few hours later.  Already finished it, and I loved it!

3.  I was at the point of having to place an order for more hand-sanitizing wipes, as I've used up almost all of the ones I had on hand while we didn't have water in the house to wash hands with.  But now we do (have water), so I can wait for awhile to order more.

4.  Carey's work bonus has arrived, and it has been put into the designated savings for property taxes at the end of the year.

5.  Not so successful:  I had a weak moment, and ordered this month's stamp kit from Simon Says Stamp.  I actually thought about it for a couple of days before ordering and did some research.  I added up all the individually included supplies and found that it was a big savings versus buying them individually later; and I knew I would use all of its included parts.  Since they are only sold within the month or until they sell out, I didn't want to risk waiting till next month. 

2 comments:

  1. That's great news on the work front. I teleworked on the Friday before the storm as well. There wasn't too much snow on the ground but I'm not risking a broken leg or arm or hip at my age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was in my thirties, I saw a sweatshirt that I thought was hilarious. On the front were the words, "At my age, my next big break will probably be a hip." I no longer think it is funny at all!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails