background

Friday, February 5, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 5...

 

Successes:
1.  Self control.  I haven't ordered a single thing this week!

2.  Enjoying something new with zero current output.  I found a new pair of Birkenstocks in my closet.  I ordered them last summer on ebay for a really good price; and since they are closed toe, they got pushed to the back to await cooler weather.  I'm so happy I came across them before it's summer again!

3.  DIY doggy pedicure. I snuggled, cajoled, bribed with treats, wrastled Rudy into a death-grip submissive posture (don't worry, that just means he was cradled in my left arm...him on his back...my left hand holding his paw) long enough to get all his front toenails trimmed and filed.  He's perfectly happy lying that way, he just hates being maneuvered into the position.  Thankfully his back paws stay filed down by his repeated jack-rabbit starts 
going after squirrels off of the concrete patio .

4.  Another month has gone by without a haircut.  It may just be back in a ponytail this summer.  The salons are open, I'm just not comfortable going.  Lots of people around here don't wear masks, and almost every day we hear about someone else in the community who has come down with Covid-19.  So we are staying cautious and vigilant.

Because...

5.  You know what the most frugal thing of all is?  Avoiding astronomical hospital bills or funeral expenses. 

6 comments:

  1. Ah, the haircut dilemma. My husband booked a mobile hairdresser for this afternoon and asked if I wanted an appointment too. Since he will be potentially exposed I finally decided my risk wasn’t much higher if I got one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if I could get someone to come to my house, I would go for it. Even if it was a smaller shop, I might. But this salon has about 8 to 10 chairs/stylists, and I just don't need to risk that with things the way they are.

      Delete
  2. Girl, #5 is the best reason to be vigilant. I say if COVID doesn’t kill me the hospital bill will. Not taking any chances. My hair is such a mess. I look like those pictures of Mozart or Einstein. Crazy hair, not long enough for a ponytail yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy hair! LOL Mine is kind of the opposite. Board straight, so as it gets longer it gets heavier and hangs flat and shapeless. And I had to submit a current photo of myself for work newsletters this week. UGH!

      Delete
  3. Sophia uses a Dremel on Spectra's nails - instead of the drama of clipping them, she just files them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those, and I use it too! But I'm bad about letting his nails get a little too long, so filing alone takes longer. Rudy’s nails are all white but for one, so the quick is visible and easily avoidable, then I use the Dremel to file the edges to round them off. The combination of tools seems to be quicker for me, so I don't have to keep him holding still too long. If I was better about doing it more often, it would be quicker to just give them a quick file down with the Dremel. Seems like every time I think of it I’m wearing black or some other dark color and don’t want all of his white hair all over my clothes. He is really good about both clippers and Dremel if we are here alone. If anyone else is in the room, even Carey, he is way too distracted and excitable.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails