background

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Thankful, grateful, blessed...

 

So much to be thankful for.  
  • Thankful the power is back on.  
  • Thankful that even though we won't have running water at our house for awhile, we do have drinking water, and also water to flush the toilets with.  
  • Thankful that sweet daughter lives close and DOES have water back on, and that she invited us to come take showers!
  • Thankful that Carey can work from home for a couple of days before going back.
  • Thankful that my wonderful boss says stay home.  
  • Thankful that I live so close to office, as I did go up to work for about an hour and a half this morning to make sure that I had things in order for some money transfers for clients.
  • Thankful to make it back home safely on snowy roads, and the house is still warm.

I stopped on the street to get a photo of our house while it was snowing.  The snow from a few days ago finally melted yesterday, so this is new as of this morning.  (This was about 10 a.m.)  I haven't been near a window to see how much more has accumulated since then, because I don't want to disturb the warm puppy that is sleeping across my legs (whom I am also thankful for).

Falling snow always reminds me of my mom.  She loved to tell about the first time I saw a  snow flurry as a toddler.  We were visiting my great-aunt in Iowa for the holidays, and it started snowing.  When I saw it out the window, I exclaimed, "birdies!"  Lots and lots of tiny birdies.  :)  So very thankful for the memory of her telling that story over and over with love.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pamela. We are. Today was beautiful and sunny, and roads are clear and dry here. Next week is much better, so things will get back to normal.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails