background

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

What I'm reading Wednesday...

The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper by Hallie Rubenhold

I've barely started this one.  From the Amazon description:  "'For more than a century, newspapers have been keen to tell us that ‘the Ripper’ preyed on prostitutes. Not only is this untrue, as historian Hallie Rubenhold has discovered, it has prevented the real stories of these fascinating women from being told. Now, in this devastating narrative of five lives, Rubenhold finally sets the record straight..."

2 comments:

  1. What an unusual sounding book. How are you finding it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm still in the forward...too sleepy to read lately.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails