background

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

What I'm reading Wednesday...

 

Blood & Ink by Joe Pompeo

I've had this one on my Kindle for quite awhile.  I'm trying to read the ones that have been lingering.  I originally bought it because a friend thought it sounded like something I'd like.  I put it on my Amazon book wish list, and eventually it went on sale for a dollar or two.

It's not bad, but I don't love it.  It follows the case in the early 1920s, of an Episcopal priest and one of his church members who were shot dead on a lovers' lane.  The tabloid newspapers were brand new to the media, and they and the other newspapers kept reporters on the case continually.

2 comments:

  1. I have so many books on my Kindle, really need to get busy or weed out the ones I'll never read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's a downer, but I look at the list and think, will I have time to read all these with the time I have left?

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails