background

Saturday, September 7, 2024

2024 Frugal Friday File, September 6...

 

1.  I have worked four (4!) days this week.  It gets harder every time to get up early and get ready.  :)  But still, it's money in.

2.  This week exhausted me (insomnia played a big part in that), and no way did I feel able to cook at the end of the day.  Thankful for the forethought of homecooked meals in the freezer.

3.  No shopping happened this week (online or otherwise).

4.  Another week has gone by without needing to refill the car's gas tank.

5.  I realized that something I have been stressing the importance of to my grandchildren could be accomplished if I made it my birthday wish!  I texted my daughter and granddaughters, telling them that the only gift I wanted from them was that the girls come home from college at the end of their classes that week, and as it falls during early voting, that we go as a group and all vote together!  They all agreed, and so we have a plan!  

I clearly remember the first time I voted in a presidential election, and it will mean a lot to me to be part of the grandgirls' memories of the first time they vote.  The boys/men can come with us if they like, but frankly if they don't want to that would be fine with me, because I don't want my vote cancelled out as quick as I cast it.  We are a bipartisan family.  :)

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  family supper at Kasey & Beau's

Sunday:  pot pies

Monday:  grazed the fridge

Tuesday:  takeout burgers

Wednesday:  homemade meal from the freezer

Thursday:  homemade meal from the freezer

Friday:  homemade meal from the freezer

**designates meatless meal

4 comments:

  1. An experience is just as important as a gift. What a special time this will be for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, and in some ways BETTER than a gift. I do not need another thing to dust around the house. ;)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for a birthday gift! I’d rather think of it as you all are canceling the men and boys votes 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may invite them. May as well show that we can disagree and still get along at the polls as anywhere else. And a couple of them will add to our votes rather than cancel them. ;)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails