background

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

What I'm reading Wednesday...

A Most Agreeable Murder by Julia Seales
Finished this one in a few days.  It reads as sort of a campy screenplay set in Edwardian England.  A little Jane Austen.  A little Miss Scarlet and the Duke.

Hero by Thomas Perry
From the description, it sounds like the protagonist may be the Jane Whitefield of the 21st century.  Jane Whitefield was the character that this author based a series on, and they were some of my favorite books ever.  She helped people in trouble to disappear, but it got harder and harder as the world started using facial recognition and security cameras everywhere.  I'm really excited and hopeful as I start this one to see how the new character overcomes these challenges.

4 comments:

  1. We seem to like a lot of the same books. The Julia Seales series is fun but I hadn’t heard of that Thomas Perry book. Off to check the library website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Thomas Perry's most recent book, just came out in January of this year. I'm only on page 45. Working really does cramp my reading style. :(

      Delete
  2. Hero looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very far into it, but I'll keep you posted.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails