background

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Happy St. Patrick's Day...

A sweet friend gifted me her mother's collection of Belleek Pottery.  She knew that I would enjoy it, since March 17th has always been one of my favorite days of the year.  This year I just set out these few pieces.

And the reason it's always been a special day to me?  My father was half Irish, and my mother was a St. Patrick's Day baby.  This is my pretty mama about twenty years before I was born.  I am so grateful that I received many of her skills and qualities, but her self-motivation and career focus skipped a generation...she would be so proud, as am I, that Kasey inherited that from her.

Happy Birthday, Mama!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to and photo of your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juhli. I enjoyed looking through photos to find this one.

      Delete
  2. Thanks. I still don't think of it as mine. A year or so ago I asked my friend if she wanted it back, but she wouldn't take it. She's much better at downsizing than I. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails