background

Friday, March 29, 2024

2024 Frugal Friday File, March 29...

1.  Made the menu for the week, and placed grocery order.  I am very pleased that the new grocery plan for shopping more intentionally and using the grocery-specific credit card  has earned us back almost $50 in 5% back on store-brand items just since the first of the year!  I still prefer a name brand product for some things, but our grocery has awesome store-brand items in general, so the 5% back for those really adds up (plus 1.5% back on all other purchases).  I feel like I'm earning CD interest rate without tying up money in a CD.  :)

2.  I've been working on a couple of projects, and came to a point where finishing up required a trip to Hobby Lobby.  I needed some hardware for hanging some items, and I also needed some E6000 glue, a wooden clock base, and some white acrylic paint Some other items totaling about $35 found their way into my cart as well. Thankfully I came to my senses before I reached the checkout, and returned the impulsive wants to the shelves they came from, and kept only what I absolutely needed today.  I may go back for the rest at another time, but I will watch for them to go on sale first.  That's the thing about Hobby Lobby, they rotate items on sale regularly, so it is a rookie mistake to get something not on sale unless it is an immediate need.

3.  I continue to declutter and cycle decor items into use, into the seasonal decor closet, or into the donation box.  Easter decor will go back in the closet on Monday, and be replaced with non-holiday-specific items.

4.  I scored another newly-released book that has just been purchased by the library by watching their email about new library purchases.  It's not made it into circulation yet, but I am first on the reserve list, so expect to have it in my hot little hands within a few days.

5.  Having friends over for a meal next week instead of going out.  It will be comfortable and easier to visit.

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  takeout fried chicken

Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey & Beau's

Monday:  Pork Chow Mein

Tuesday:  Spanish Rice    

Wednesday:  takeout sandwiches

Thursday:  Carey had a meal from freezer, I had leftovers

Friday:  takeout baked potatoes w/ brisket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails