background

Monday, March 4, 2024

On kitchen windows...

I do so love a kitchen window.  To me it is a luxury to be able to look outside while doing dishes or pulling a recipe together.

This is the view from my kitchen window currently.  It is not my favorite ever (my favorite looked over one hundred acres from the top of a hill), nor is it my least favorite one (which had a menacing view of twin communication towers with their red lights looking like glowing red eyes staring in at me from the dark...but that's what I get for reading The Amityville Horror).

The kitchen of the house I grew up in had a window, but the sink was not under it.  Well, it was when I was too young to remember, but my parents remodeled the kitchen in the 1960s, and plunked the sink down in the middle of the room.  Maybe that's why I have always appreciated a sink with a view.  It feeds my soul.

I was surprised when taking the photo above that there were no deer visible.  There are always deer visible in our front yard.  Sometimes a few, sometimes a couple dozen!  For the most part the deer and I coexist begrudgingly, though I admit to occasionally doing my best imitation of a yapping coyote to see if I can spook them; alas they have grown used to my tricks.  

4 comments:

  1. That is a very lovely view inside and outside. I wish you had recorded your imitation of a yapping coyote lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I should have seen that one coming! You really should see it. Rudy gets so excited and joins in. You can hardly tell us apart! :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails