background

Friday, March 1, 2024

2024 Frugal Friday File, March 1...


1.  Batched errands to save trips and gasoline.

2.  The credit card that we use solely for groceries and meals out is doing its job of making me more aware of what we spend for meals each month.  This month it totaled $690, which seems high to me.  But I Googled "monthly grocery spending for 2 person household", and it seems our spending falls between the low-cost and moderate-cost average grocery spend for those search parameters.  

     I was expecting a slightly higher spend this month, since we were out of town, and thus ate out, for several days, so I'm not going to worry about it too much.  But seeing that total makes me long to do better.

3.  I finished all my library books and returned them.

4.  I made a list by room of all the tasks I would like to accomplish in the coming months.  I can't do a marathon clean in a day or two like I used to.  But making this list is a way I can stay on task, and hopefully avoid having to pay someone to help me.

5.  The electric bill came, and after last month's I was a little afraid to open it.  Whew!  This month's was almost half of what last month's was!

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  Lentil Soup w/ Cornbread

**Sunday:  Sunday supper at Kasey & Beau's

Monday:  Tamale Casserole

Tuesday:  takeout Schlotzky sandwiches

Wednesday:  Spaghetti Pie

Thursday:  leftovers

Friday:  Spanish Rice

**designates meatless meal 

4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to make a list of tasks and work on them one by one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tucked in to one of the jobs on the list today, and completed about half of it. What I like about the list is that I can pick and choose what I feel like doing on a given day, and check the boxes as I go. :)

      Delete
  2. I think that is a very reasonable grocery and meals out total as prices have risen a lot in both areas. I know our monthly total for 2 is a bit higher . I do include alcohol, toiletries, household goods in the total as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! That helps me accept it for what it is. We also have alcohol, toiletries, and household goods in our total as well...whatever we buy at the grocery store, and meals purchased out go on a designated credit card.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails