background

Friday, June 14, 2024

2024 Frugal Friday File, June 14...

 

1.  I worked one day this week.  Money in.

2.  My sister-in-law sent home several sheets of Forever postage stamps with Carey that his mom had not used up.  Several years ago I built a kind of lap desk / mail organizer for her, and had included postage stamps among the pens, cards, and return address stamp.  Not sure these are all ones I had provided to her, but I can promise they will all get used now.

3.  I've been in the craft room (again/still) using up large-ish scraps of paper that are just too pretty to toss and dies cuts that were extras from another project.  I have a few more ready-to-send cards in my stash now, which is a good thing as this fall will see two grand girls in college rather than just one.

4.  I canceled the Acorn subscription.  I just wasn't watching it often, and didn't want the price to revert after the promotional period.  I also cancelled the Starz subscription.  I had subscribed at promotional price of $1.99/mo for 3 months to watch Outlander...watched some of the most recent season, but got bored.  I didn't want to risk forgetting to cancel later.

5.  I confirmed a week of work for July.  It's hard to work a whole week at a time; retirement has spoiled me, but I'll be happy to see the check boost the savings.

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  leftovers

Sunday:  Sunday supper at Kasey and Beau's

Monday:  Mexican Cornbread, Avocado & Cherry Tomato salad

Tuesday:  leftovers

**Wednesday:  Pasta w/ Roasted Vegetable Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread

Thursday:  takeout  Barbecue Baked Potatoes w/brisket

Friday:  dinner out for sushi

**designates meatless meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails