background

Monday, June 22, 2020

Monday...

This is my normal view on a Monday through Friday afternoon, but I am not there today.  I took Friday and today off in order to travel to visit Carey's sister and b-i-l about 7 hours away by car.

They recently took Carey's mom home with them from her assisted living facility for a break from the monotony of her facility's lockdown during these pandemic days.  We so enjoyed seeing all of them, but the best part was just getting to hug my mother-in-law.  It has been hard to think of her alone and lonely since this started.  She will have to endure two weeks of quarantine in her room when they return her in a day or so, but she deemed it was worth it.

We came home yesterday, and today we had a WebEx appointment.  The person with whom we were speaking via WebEx has been to my office, and mentioned today that I had the most gorgeous view from my work window of anyone in town.  He's right!  And that reminded me that I had just taken this photo a few days ago, so I thought I would share it here.  It really is gorgeous.  The upper right section of the photo shows part of the golf course that we enjoy having so near.  Some days it is hard not to just sit and enjoy the view.

That is a crepe myrtle blooming outside the window.  This one bloom reaches up to my second story window. 

Today has been very relaxing...reading mostly...but I should go unpack and do a load of laundry to get ready for the rest of the week.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about you but my office environment is so important. I need a comfortable spot, temperature wise, and a window with a nice view. I would have been very happy with your view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best view of my career. :) And luckily my boss and I like the thermostat on the same setting!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails