background

Friday, June 26, 2020

Frugal Friday File, week 26...

Successes:
1.  Forgot to pack my meds for trip, which I remembered after we had been on the road for an hour.  Texted s-i-l to see if they had my pharmacy in their town, but no such luck.  Used phone to locate and contact a location for my pharmacy about an hour ahead of us in our trip, told them my dilemma, and requested they get a few days worth of my essential prescriptions ready to pick up in about an hour.  Done.  Ready when we got there, and no turning around, wasting time and gasoline.  And no grumpy husband.  :)

2.  While we were together, I gifted my m-i-l with a lengthy foot rub.  I've been doing this whenever we are together since I thought of it a couple of years ago.  She loves them, it is free, and is a gift that doesn't take up any space in her room at the assisted living facility. 

3.  I had an abundance of spaghetti in the pantry, and I haven't been buying beef lately to make a red sauce for it.  I found some shrimp that had been in the freezer for quite a while and a container of shaved parmesan cheese in the fridge.  With some butter, milk, and sliced garlic, it came together into a delicious improvised Shrimp Alfredo that made Carey happy, and enough left overs to make several single servings to freeze for work meals.

4.  I got a loaf of bread out of the freezer, and it was severely dried out.  Blech.  Very disappointed, because I really wanted a sandwich for lunch.  Oh well.  Toasting it made it edible and saved lunch.

5.  Brewing iced tea.  (Still haven't been to local Sonic, though we did stop at one on our road trip, but made sure it was during the half-price time.) 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you could visit your MIL and solved the prescription problem. Your shrimp Alfredo sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juhli, it was SO nice to visit in person. The shrimp Alfredo was good, though usually I prefer a different pasta, it used stuff up!

      Delete
  2. It's hard to beat that half-price treat if Sonic is easily accessible.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails