background

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Apricots and Wolfsbane by K.M. Pohlkamp

Recommendation by a friend that I am finally getting around to reading.  I'm not finding anyone to root for in this one.  The main character, a professional poisoner in Tudor-period England, isn't very likable, nor is her assistant, and definitely not her clients.

It does amuse me that the plant that she is desperate to possess and master its poisonous properties is one that grew almost unmanageably right outside our backdoor when I was a kid.  

2 comments:

  1. I was catching up to see what you are reading. I finally got the Libby app to work on my computer and the first one I chose to hear was boring. I guess I would rather have a book in hand.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails