background

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Weekends are too darn short...

How do I manage not to get anything accomplished in two days?  I didn't get a bit of sewing done.  I didn't ... well if I go on about what I didn't get done we could be here till next weekend.

I did get laundry done.  And had to do some of that twice.  My light colored clothing often comes out of the dryer smelling rather funky...almost skunky.  It's not the washer, it's not the dark clothes, or towels, or Carey's clothes.  I think it may be a particular blouse that makes everything in the load with it smell off.  Could that be possible?  Could it be possessed?  Could it be something that was sprayed on the cotton while it was growing?

I'm not positive about the blouse.  It could be something else in the load, I just don't know what it is for sure.  And let me just say that it is a lovely, comfy and attractive blouse.  I hate to discard it.  I don't even feel like I can donate it, because that is just passing on the evil smell to some other unsuspecting person.  And what if I get rid of it, but the smell remains caused by something else?

It's like that Seinfeld episode where after Jerry had a valet park his car it had a horrible permanent smell forever after.  Then everything that was in the car--his new expensive jacket, Elaine's hair, etc--were all permanently, overwhelmingly, stinky.  He tried to trade the car in for a new one, but no one would take it.  He left it in a bad neighborhood with the keys in it, and a car thief took it for about a block and then bailed out of it due to the smell.  He had to get rid of the expensive jacket.

But I digress.  That's how I feel about this blouse though.  If I remember as I put the load in, and add washing soda to the load, and put vinegar in the dispenser, it seems to not be as noticeable.  That's what I did in the second washing I put it through today.  I think I will not wear it for awhile, and see if the light loads smell better without it among them.  Oh, and I have had Carey smell it, and he didn't smell anything odd, but I find it to be a constant distraction.

Anybody ever had anything that smelled no matter how many times it had been washed?  Anybody have any suggestions?   

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been reading or writing either, what is it with all of us? And stinky? Maybe hang the suspect outside for a day or so, did you try that. Let's get back to our books soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried hanging it outside. And it's too easy not to try. Will do that soon. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'd hand wash it and hang it to dry and see if that changes anything. Of course irrelevant if the next wash load without it still has that same smell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely worth a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails