background

Friday, June 19, 2020

Frugal Friday File, week 25...


Successes:
1.  I have not been back to Sonic, and have been taking my gallon cooler of water to work.  (Not drinking a gallon a day, though.)

2.  I used an old t-shirt and fabric from my stash to make four masks last night.

3.  I'm taking tomorrow off, so I remembered to turn in my time sheet (and with a day of vacation) before I left work today.  No shorted paycheck that has to be rectified later.

4.  Our pest control service hasn't called to make our quarterly visit since the shutdown.  I'm not sure I would want to have someone in the house (who has been from house to house) anyway.  Saved the payment, but have killed several scorpions in the house lately.  Rudy is a good watch dog for scorpions and always alerts us to where they are.  Carey got stung tonight when he was going after one, but it didn't get away.  We had Benadryl on hand, so he took some right away.

5.  I went to get my haircut today.  (Wore a mask as did my stylist.)  I am SO happy that I no longer have a bill for color.  Perfectly happy with my gray.

3 comments:

  1. Chasing scorpions sounds dangerous! Lucky Rudy is good at spotting them. Your hair does look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get a scorpion sting, it's actually about like a bee sting. The ones here are not life threatening for most people, but not pleasant. Benadryl taken soon after really helps. Thanks for the compliments on hair! And sorry I didn't post answer sooner, we were out of town for a long weekend.

      Delete
  2. I felt the same way when I got my cut about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm sad that it will probably be another 6 weeks before I can get one again. Possibly thinking a little too positive aiming for 6 weeks in Texas.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails