background

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Eleven random thoughts on the 11th...

1.  Holy guacamole!  It is June 11th, and it's been over a month since I've blogged anything!

2.  Occasionally I make rash decisions that I stubbornly have to follow through on.  My mother called it cutting off your nose to spite your face, and I've long been prone to it.  This time I was dissatisfied with Sonic's app never working, and resentful about paying full price for drinks when you could get them half price if the damn app would work.  So I sent them a dissatisfaction survey and added that I'm was a really good customer but I won't be back, and I cancelled my account.  Yeah.  I miss you, magic ice!

3.  Since #2 will save me some serious change, I felt free to spend some.  I ordered a gallon-size stainless steel, insulated cooler to take to work for ice water, and a pitcher to filter the water before filling the cooler.  Our fridge at work is only large enough for a dozen or so bottles of water which we keep for clients.  I hate all the plastic waste those bottles mean, so I needed another way to have my own cold water.

4.  We've all heard that we should drink 8 (8 ounce) glasses of water a day, but the Mayo Clinic recommends 15.5 (8 ounce glasses) for men and 11.5 (8 ounce glasses) for women.  That seems rather generalized to me.  Other sources say to take your body weight, divide it by 2, and the result would be the number of ounces you should drink per day.  So let's say a person weighs 200 pounds:  200 ÷ 2 = 100 ounces that they should drink per day.  FYI there are 128 ounces in a gallon.

5.  Deer love to have their babies in our yard.  Right now we have a pair of twins here.  Yeah, they're cute and all, but they still drive the dog to distraction!  They are so tiny, and the mother jumps the fence and leaves them.  She always comes back, but in the meantime any activity panics them, and they can't figure out how to go through the open gate to get to her.  Carey was trying to quietly and calmly heard them toward the gate the other day, so they could get to mama, so that he could mow the yard.  Our neighbors took offence (no pun intended) and stopped their car and started yelling at Carey to stop scaring them.  Carey never said a word, just waved them off and continued about his business.  But the car and the loud voices frightened them so much they were jumping headlong into the fence.

6.  We don't really know any of our neighbors well.  I may be paranoid, but I think they gossip about us.  Carey saw a different neighbor outside the other day, and stopped to say hello.  The guy asked Carey why we trap deer in our yard.  Oh, geez.

7.  I seem to be spending a lot lately.  I may have to bring back the Frugal Friday File.

8.  Tomorrow is Friday!  YEA!!!

9.  Weekends are too darn short, and this weekend I have a long list of to-dos.

10.  One thing on the list is to make Rudy a new toy.  His 'baby' is a paw from an old stuffed toy.  Yes, it's played right down to just a paw left.  He still loves it.  :)

That's it between his paws.




11.  I overslept on Tuesday and was quite late to work.  I'd better go to bed.  G'night.

6 comments:

  1. I love Rudy and his brown and white markings. My dog Bounce makes short work of most toys. I posted a photo on my blog recently of his new crocodile toy and later that day Bounce pulled off a leg of the toy. The day he got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some toys are way too wimpy to stand up to our ferocious dogs. Rudy especially likes to play tug-of-war with them.

      Delete
  2. I love Rudy. He is so cute. My mother used to use that line on me quite often. It was funny to hear it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes he is exhausting, but always entertaining! Isn't it funny how we can still hear our mothers' voices? :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails