background

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Thankful, grateful, blessed, week 5...


So very blessed to live within a mile of our children and grandchildren; close enough to bake them Monster Cookies for Halloween and drop their treats by their house.

When we sold the ranch to move near them, it was hard.  And I'm not going to lie, we still miss living on top of our hill.  But sometimes blessings involve sacrifice too.  We love sharing meals weekly, and games, and the occasional school pick up we are asked to make, the sleepovers we have had, and taking the opportunity to teach them the letter writing that has made their great-grandmother so happy.  So many memories we have made!

I was chatting with a friend online last night.  She is in the middle of uprooting her home and job to move over a thousand miles to be near one of her children and grandchildren.  I think it's a pretty safe bet to predict that she will love it too.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Your children and grandchildren are really lucky, Kath. I live over 2000km from my Mum and wish we could be closer. I think it's wonderful that you can spend lots of time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meg. I fully appreciate how incredibly fortunate we are that my husband's job allows us to live where we choose.

      Delete
  2. I lived very close when my oldest grandson was growing up. We were so close and I spent so much time with him. Now my son and grandkids live quite aways. I just moved to a new apartment and really don't feel like moving again but since my son just bought a house way out there, I am mentally preparing for another move to be near them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to try to decide where and when to move, to say nothing of the moving process itself. Add in trying to find new health providers, banking, vehicle care, etc. is really a headache. Hope you land in a happy place!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails