background

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 44...

Successes:
1.  I worked 5 days this week.  Next Monday (11/4) is my official start day in the new job, so I guess I will stop counting how many days a week I work from here on out...it will average five.  :)

2.  I did better at cooking at home this week.  Even got nine meals into the freezer for Carey to take to work.

3.  I haven't been going to Sonic as much lately, because 1) it is way out of my traveled path for my days now, and 2) they no longer have their all-day special on large drinks (which irritates me).

4.  I've been thinking about work clothes.  When I left full-time work, I really downsized my work wardrobe, and have not replaced.  So now I am I am thinking of a uniform of sorts.  I want to make laundering as simple as possible, and not have to think about multiple loads, etc.  I am hoping that I can order 5 identical tops through my company, to be worn with black slacks, and then just change up cardigans/jackets for winter, or scarves and or jewelry the rest of the year.  I haven't rushed into any spending, as I'm trying to think this through to keep things simple and frugal for the long run.  So far I have purchased only a pair of black shoes.

5.  I've been spending some time and focus on menu planning and grocery lists as well.  Keeping prep time as part of the planning has been a major consideration, and the time I am putting in now should really simplify things in the long run, as well as keep food expenses down.  It may even spark its own blog post. 

Saturday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's (on Saturday)
Sunday:  *Schlotzsky's
Monday:  Spanish Rice, refried beans, tortillas
Tuesday:  Pork Chops, Yellow Squash Casserole, green beans
Wednesday:  Virginia's Taco Soup, Mexican Cornbread
Thursday:  *McRib
Friday: Potato Chowder

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  9

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

8 comments:

  1. I think a capsule wardrobe like you describe works well for work. Congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juhli. I think I may get bored, but on the other hand, simplification is calling out to me.

      Delete
  2. I think the wardrobe idea sounds great. After law firms became more casual I developed a simple wardrobe of black pants and some shirts. It worked great for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to seem like half my paycheck used to go to pay for hose! I was forever getting runs on the very first wearing. Thank heavens I don't have that to deal with anymore.

      Delete
  3. Good Luck on your heading back to work fulltime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for your first week in the new job!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails