background

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Thankful, grateful, blessed, week 3...

Thankful for the rain we had Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.  It was a long, dry summer.  

I'm not excited to have had dripping in the attic, but grateful that we could hear it, and do something about it before it does too much damage over time.  Carey went in the attic, and was able to ascertain that it was the seal around the chimney that is leaking.  He attempted to get on the roof yesterday while I was at work, but quickly realized that the roof pitch was too steep for him to climb about safely.  Thrilled that he accepted his limitations and contacted a professional with the equipment and experience to access the heights.

3 comments:

  1. Bless that man for listening to his own words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really surprised me! :) I was proud of him for being so prudent.

      Delete
  2. We have had rain too, Kath. It's been so dry here with many in our country experiencing terrible drought. We'd not had rain for months, the leaf fall was incredible, and our water tanks running low. Then the storms came and everything is now green again and there's water in our tanks. Definitely very thankful for that! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails