background

Friday, October 25, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 43...

Successes:
1.  Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go!  I applied for a full-time position with my current company.  I was offered and have accepted the job.  It is at the new branch office that is SO close to my house!  :)  We still have to finish out the hiring process before I 'officially' start, but since I am an employee of the company that fills in where needed, I am able to work the new job in my on-call capacity, so have worked all week, and will continue to do so until the official start.

2.  I am using less gasoline as my daily travel path has decreased.

3.  Carey's workplace is a little understaffed at the moment.  He got called in on his days off to work a couple of days.  Mama likes overtime!

4.  I paid all bills on time avoiding any fees.  Though I have to admit I came close on a couple, as I need to adjust my routines with the new schedule the daily work has added.

This hasn't been a very frugal week.  We ate out a lot.  I'm working on a menu plan and shopping list that I think is workable for the decreased home time and energy I am experiencing at the moment.

Saturday:  I cooked, I just don't remember what
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey & Beau's.
Monday:  *Chinese
Tuesday:  *Tex-Mex
Wednesday:  *birthday dinner out
Thursday:  *burgers
Friday: ?

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  0

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

6 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy working full time again. I'm really enjoying my retirement but I do feel guilty that I'm not working. LOL, but not too guilty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara. The cool weather that blew in last night did make me want to stay under the covers this morning, but once I get to work I am enjoying it. I know I will miss my unlimited crafting time, but all choices have their pros and cons.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! It will take some adjusting but you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juhli. It will definitely take some adjusting. But I feel SO fortunate to have this super short drive to and from. I don't even have time to get a full news report...but maybe that's a good thing these days. ;)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the new job. It's OK to eat out every day during your birthday week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sylvia, and I’m LOL It may be okay; but it makes it hard to get back to reality. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails