background

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Seven thoughts on the 7th...


1.  I was watching a documentary the other day on Haskell Wexler, and they were talking about his color blindness.  They were showing some of these test patterns, which reminded me of high school biology class.  Can you see the pattern?

2.  I think I will take my blood pressure when I get to work tomorrow.  The commute can be so aggravating.  I heard them talking on the news the other day about future cars being computer operated, where you have to basically file a route and time to reserve your road time, and the car and road do the rest.  That would be pretty cool.  Hey, it could happen.  Remember when they used to talk about video phones?  They made THAT happen in my lifetime.

3.  I made a big pot of beef and vegetable soup last night using the recipe learned at my mother's knee.  Oh, was it good...especially with a fresh pan of cornbread.  The weather is starting to get so warm, that I'm thinking we will soon be wanting to forego soup in favor of more salads and outside grilling.

4.  I gave up Coke for Lent.  I've switched to iced water with lemon...preferably from Sonic.

5.  I whistle a lot around the house.  When I was little (it's a habit of long standing) my great aunt would always say, 'A whistling girl and a crowing hen always come to some bad end.'  I've come to believe that the bad end will probably be old-lady lips with pucker wrinkles.

6.  My coworker and I had lunch today at a Chinese buffet that is within walking distance from our office.  I didn't really want Chinese food, but they have a salad bar, so I opted for that.  I didn't want a heavy dressing, but didn't want an oil and vinegar dressing either.  I chose honey mustard, and topped my salad with it.  One problem.  It wasn't honey mustard salad dresssing.  It was Chinese Hot Mustard.  Not so great on a salad, my friends.

7.  What I'm reading Wednesday...
Poison by Sara Poole.  Novel of the fifteenth century Borgia family goings on.  I will be working more days for the next couple of weeks, so I wanted to start on something that my Kindle can read to me during the commute.  For some reason this struck my fancy...and it was on sale.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I can relate to #5! I whistle all the time and have wrinkles around my mouth too! My dear departed Dad was an avid whistler and I picked it up from him - I think of him often when I am whistling....

    Bad luck about that mustard!

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joolz...nothing hides those wrinkles like a smile...(snide chuckle) people just THINK I'm perpetually happy and friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you add anything to the hot mustard to lighten it up so you could eat it? I LOVE Chinese hot mustard, but in small doses!

    I love the idea of using liquid castile soap to clean the makeup brushes. I have been thinking of trying Bare Minerals because I have rosacea--I've heard it's good for that! Do you use the soap for anything else? I have bought it in bar form because it lathers wonderfully in our well water!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. So did you add anything to the hot mustard to lighten it up so you could eat it? I LOVE Chinese hot mustard, but in small doses!

    I love the idea of using liquid castile soap to clean the makeup brushes. I have been thinking of trying Bare Minerals because I have rosacea--I've heard it's good for that! Do you use the soap for anything else? I have bought it in bar form because it lathers wonderfully in our well water!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, I like hot mustard too, but it is truly awful on salad. LOL I did add some Ranch, and I suffered through, but I wish I hadn't.

    I LOVE Bare Minerals! For rosacea, I would definetly get the Bisque Concealer with brush and the Foundation and brush. Put the Bisque on first, then the Foundation. Really does a good job of evening everything out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure it was either the whistling girl on the crowing hen that would come to a bad end ... I would think that the hen is long gone!

    I might have been tempted to abandon the salad and take another plate full... I usually eat my salad without dressing...

    Let me know if the book is any good... I'm always looking for something to order from the library (book bus) their selection is awful and it never changes!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails