background

Monday, March 12, 2012

The Secret World of Arriety...

 
photo credit: Studio Ghibli 

The Borrowers by Mary Norton was one of my favorite series of books as a child.  I've been wanting to see the newest movie adaptation, The Secret World of Arriety, ever since it came out.  Now that Spring Break week has officially begun, we kept the girls Friday night and took them to see the movie on Saturday.

I didn't have great expectations, since I found the previous movie adaptations pretty disappointing.  But this one is wonderful!  The art and animation of it was just beautiful.  The scenes with the fields of wildflowers were some of my favorites...the sun shining through the delicate flower petals...the sparkling dew drops...gorgeous!

You could definitely recognize the Japanese touches, not just in the animation, but in the buildings and some of the characters.  The Studio Ghibli made a beautiful movie.

The girls loved it as well.  I can't wait to start reading the books with them.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails