background

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Avert your eyes, Polly...

I'm a little afraid (mortified actually) that my friend Polly, might pop in and see this.  She is a REAL artist, and is working on something very exciting at the moment.

 What follows, however, is NOT the work of a real artist.  It's done by someone (me) who watched a youtube video and assembled some watercolors, a sponge brush, and a whisk broom to work with.  I exagerate, but not by much.


I needed a large picture on heavy paper for a birthday project for my mother-in-law.  So I whipped out the **cough** masterpiece **cough** above.  Now it needs to be cut apart into post cards...which is proving to be a lot more difficult than I had thought.

But if I am able to get it cut apart cleanly into post cards, I'll be mailing each one, pre-addressed and stamped, to each of my husband's siblings and nieces and nephews with a request that they write a little personal note and drop it in the nearest mailbox.  The hope is that my mother-in-law will receive lots of fun birthday greetings, and then she can assemble them, puzzle like, to see the picture of our Texas bluebonnets that are blooming all over at the moment.

It's a fun idea that I came across here.  I'm doing it a little differently, because I want to make it as easy as possible for everybody to get it mailed on time.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Another clever idea! WOuldn't work for though me as I have virtually no relatives except a sister who last mailed a letter 10 years ago!

    I saw a picture with those little blue flowers in it on FB a couple of days ago! They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And I think it's beautiful.

    And I love you, too, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful!!! I do not get the mortification part at all!! You are apparently one of those people who can do whatever they want to. Love the puzzle idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone...you are all apparently very kind and have low expectations. :)

    Polly...I think that tree looks like I highjacked it from the Simpsons! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea - and I don't think your picture's too bad at all - much better than I could do, anyway!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails