background

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

What I'm reading Wednesday...

 

The Ministry for the Future by Kim Stanley Robinson

I've had this one on my Kindle for a couple of years, I think.  The other day, I actually heard a neighbor say the words, "Maybe there's something to this global warming thing after all."  You don't hear that kind of statement in our part of Texas much.  I heard it; maybe there's hope.

The head-snapping dichotomy of the cover endorsement by fellow author, Jonathan Lethem, is one of the best ones I've ever seen, and may very well be the reason I bought this book.  He said, "The best science-fiction nonfiction novel I've ever read."  Now that's a statement that intrigues me.  It's 578 pages, so it may take me awhile, especially as I'm working all week this week (except for the 4th).
*******

You may recall that I said in Friday's post that I was not able to continue reading last week's book.  I did go back to it, and even finished it.  It got somewhat interesting for awhile, but then went back to what I dislike most about chick lit.  I canNOT recommend it.  I've already deleted it and another by the author that I had on my list.

2 comments:

  1. I’ll be curious if you like this book! I don’t usually read science fiction and climate change seems overwhelming and out of control. However, if you like it I probably will!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails