background

Friday, March 26, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 12...

 

Successes:
1.  Payday...yippee!

2.  We have a new 3,000-gallon water storage tank as of a few minutes ago.  The previous tank had a critical fail (leak) develop in its wall.  Replacing it was not cheap, but I had been setting money aside for it, knowing that it was inevitable, so it is not a devastating blow nor one that had to be paid on time with interest.  Having a water well requires regular maintenance, but happily Carey can manage most of it, and we don't have water bills to pay.  I heard recently that water bills from the local water service company can run several hundred dollars a month in our area.  I was shocked.

3.  I received four lovely letters in the mail recently.  The price of a stamp is SO worth the joy it brings!

4.  We are having breakfast for supper tonight.  The eggs are fresh layed and free from our non-sanctioned neighborhood chicken wrangler.  The fig preserves are a real treat that I am looking forward to on fresh hot biscuits.  The preserves were a barter from a dear friend.  In exchange for my homemade masks, she sent me delicious homemade fig preserves.  My favorite!

5.  I recently discovered that our library offers Kanopy streaming of movies, documentaries, etc.  Nice to have another frugal option for entertainment.  These days I am missing movie-theater popcorn however.

4 comments:

  1. Fresh eggs and fig preserves. Life sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was deeeelicious! I love breakfast for supper!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I really was a good week, and went by FAST!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails