background

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Today is Tuesday...

 I found a new fast and super easy breakfast at The Creative Bite to take to work with me to have at my desk.  (You may remember that I don't like breakfast first thing in the morning, and I absolutely have to just grab and go with no morning prep.  Not a morning person and always cutting time too close.

Start with glass jars that are roomy enough to allow for some expansion during cooking...you don't want messy egg all over your microwave.

In each jar, place 1/4 cup frozen hash browns, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, and 1/4 cup cooked meat of your choice (cooked and crumbled sausage, bacon, ham...or be creative with leftover meat or veggies).  I used bacon for this first run.  You can adjust the measurements and ingredients to your liking.  I lined up my jars, and made an assembly line.  I put a Tablespoon or so of Picante Sauce in the bottom of the jar before layering the other ingredients.  At this point, cover the jars with their lids or plastic wrap, and pop the jars in the fridge for several days.

In the morning you open the jar and crack an egg or two on top, put the lid back on, and head to work.  

When you are ready to eat, remove the lid, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then cook for another 30 to 60 seconds or till done to your liking (depending on your microwave strength, it could take shorter or longer).  It was really easy, good, and satisfying.  And a whole lot cheaper than the store-bought brands.

Having it ready to grab in my fridge keeps me from stopping and spending money or skipping breakfast altogether.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every morning my boss says, "That smells so good!" LOL

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails