background

Saturday, March 6, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 9...

Successes:

1.  Feeling pretty good about last month's cutback on ordering.   Though I slipped once,  I'm okay with that.  Right now I have several things in my 'cart,' but things I want to think about awhile and may or may not eventually order.  Last month's goal helped me realize a pause of a few hours, days, or weeks before clicking 'submit order' isn't unbearable.

2.  Donated $$$ to our local food pantry.  Because they partner with the big nearby city food pantry, each $1 donated equals $7 in purchasing power, which means more stock on shelves going to our local citizens in need.  They can get 7 times the food with my cash donation, compared to if I dropped off an equal dollar amount of groceries purchased at retail.

3.  I renewed my drivers license yesterday.  It had expired last October, but due to pandemic, the state had extended all expirations until this April.  I tried to renew it before the end of the year, made the appointment, showed up, but they would not accept my copy of birth certificate, had to halt process until I was able to retrieve original from safe deposit box.  Now I am set for another eight years without fear of being ticketed for driving with expired license and the fines that come with it.

4.  Made Carey my kitchen attendant while I was making an easy and low-cost meal earlier in the week.  I think this brings him up to four meals that he can handle on his own now...quite an accomplishment.  (Several years ago he told me that he will be one of those men who dies within a few months if their wife passes away first.  I told him of course he will...he would starve to death!)  He is planning to retire this coming October, so grocery budget may not stretch to carry-out as often.  Since I will still be working, our roles will be shifting a bit, so I'm getting him prepared.  :)

5.  Staying home most of the time, and consolidating errands when I have to leave the house.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for husbands who cook! I agree with you about donating cash instead of food to a food pantry as they can buy at much lower prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to be able to put things in your cart and think about them for a while. It's also the best way NOT to forget about something you're thinking about because it's right there in the cart. Vic won't starve to death if I go first, he's pretty handy in the kitchen but he'll have the bill collectors banging on the door, he's hopeless with the financial side of our lives. He'd probably go back to being the cash-only person he was when I met him but it doesn't seem like you can exist like that these days. Everything is online or automatic debit.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails