background

Friday, August 2, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, weeks 29, 30, & 31...

Successes:
1.  Shared vacation with a friend, splitting fuel and lodging and didn't eat out much.  Saw a part of the country I've never visited before, and enjoyed a lovely week of cooler temperatures.

2.  Didn't spend on touristy things.  Enjoyed sitting under tall trees brushed by a soft breeze, and read.  After the last month's work schedule, that is all I wanted to do.

3.  Packed snacks from home for the extended time in car.

4.  I found a dime at a gas station on the long drive.  This affirms for me that the reason I haven't found dropped change in my usual daily routines is not because I don't keep my eyes open for it.  

5.  Once back home, I returned library books before due date.

6.  Batched errands to save fuel.

7.  I ordered an auto-refill prescription for Rudy's allergies from the lowest-priced source I could find.  The monthly total came just barely under the amount required to get free shipping.  When it dawned on me, I immediately phoned back to edit the order from 30 pills per month to 32.   Saves the monthly shipping cost, and in a year and a half or so, I will get to skip a monthly shipment when those extra pills per month have amassed to 30.

Saturday:  wings & fries in the air fryer
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  *Chinese
Tuesday:  big lunch, snacked for supper
Wednesday:  *barbecue baked potato
Thursday:  *road eats
Friday: supper prepared by the other Kathleen

Saturday:  *road eats
Sunday: sandwich, chips, apple
Monday: sandwich, chips, carrots & hummus
Tuesday: sandwich, chips, apple & peanut butter
Wednesday:  manicotti
Thursday:  sandwich, chips, apple
Friday:  *road eats

Saturday:  *road eats
Sunday:  *road eats
Monday:  coconut shrimp (frozen), spicey noodle salad
Tuesday:  'Bowl' w/ kale, rice/quinoa mix, roasted onion, beets, mushrooms, and salmon
Wednesday:  leftovers
Thursday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Friday:  Dublin Coddle

Number of individual servings made and frozen
for work lunches in this three week span:  2
Between my working so much and then being gone, Carey's stockpile of home-cooked meals in the freezer is pretty much gone.  I will be trying to build it back up before he has to head off to work again.

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

3 comments:

  1. I know how those dog meds add up. I'm still saving for Buddy's teeth cleaning. It costs more than mine but then again his are much worse than mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vet said the teeth cleaning would be in Rudy’s future too. :(

      Delete
  2. Ugh, canine teeth cleaning, ka-ching, ka-ching :-(. Pets should come with a book of coupons for these vet visits.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails