background

Friday, August 23, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 34...

Successes:
1.  I worked two days this week at my home branch.  I also totally went back on my resolve to turn down more work for awhile, and I've accepted at least two days a week for the first three weeks of September...and possibly a lot more.  The newly scheduled days are at a brand new branch that just opened, and it is less than five minutes from my house.

2.  More books from the library...checked out for me...bargains from the Book Nook (used donations) for Carey.

3.  The freezer is once again full of home-cooked meals for Carey to take to work.  We have filled every last freezer container that we own.  :)

4.  I've been staying home (and out of the heat!) as much as possible, while keeping the thermostat at a responsible setting and using ceiling fan in whatever room we are in at a given time to stay comfortable.

5.  We haven't purchased a car for Carey yet...he has a buyer for his truck that is willing to wait.  Gasoline prices are down.  Bills paid on time.  

Saturday:  baked pork chops, yellow squash casserole, broccoli
Sunday:  No-Peek Chicken and Rice, corn
Monday:  *TexMex
Tuesday:  *Italian
Wednesday:  Monks' Bowls w/ salmon & roasted vegetables
Thursday:  leftovers
Friday: leftovers

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  11

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. A 5 minute commute is fabulous and how fun to be part of the team at a new branch.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails