background

Friday, August 9, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 32...

Successes:
1.  Booked 3 weeks of work between now and the end of the year.  Barring emergency at my home branch, this is about the maximum work I want to accept for the remainder of this year.  I am stating that in print to hold firm to my resolve!

2.  I cooked in large quantities this week in order to restock the freezer with meals for Carey to take to work.  And when I was making meatloaf, I made and cooked two, and one is wrapped and in the freezer for an easy thaw-and-heat supper in the future.

3.  I found a penny.  Okay, it was just a penny, but that's the first change I've found locally on the ground in AGES.

4.  I phoned about an incorrect charge for an online purchase.  Now I will continue monitoring until I see the correct amount applied...in 5 to 7 business days.  Sometimes I long for the days of face-to-face cash payments.  😒

5.  I reserved two library books, and picked them up while passing the library after picking up one of the girls from a sleepover...actually I talked that girl into running into library for me.  😊

Saturday:  goulash
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  meatloaf, twice-baked potatoes, corn
Tuesday:  roast, potatoes, carrots, squash
Wednesday:  leftovers
Thursday:  *Mexican
Friday:  breakfast for supper

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  13! (and surprised Carey with a batch of oatmeal cookies [his favorite] to take with him too)

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of freezing a 2nd meatloaf! I usually only make one but will try to do 2 in the future. I rarely find any money where I live so it isn't worth tracking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I made a 2nd meatloaf, at least in recent memory. I still have quite a few twice-baked potato in the freezer too, so I am set for an easy meal that pleases my men. :)

      I never find enough to track, but this was such an unusual occurrence, that I thought it bore mentioning. LOL I guess we all use plastic in our area. :(

      Delete
  2. I need to make a note in my planner regularly to put books on hold at the library. I noticed I have a huge selection in my Amazon Wish List - not too buy, I just put them there to remind me of books that looked interesting at Barnes & Noble or Costco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use my Amazon book wish list like that too! You never know when you will come across them on sale somewhere. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails