background

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Out of My Later Years by Albert Einstein

This is a book of essays 'drawn from Einstein's articles, addresses, letters, and assorted papers' dated from 1934 to 1950.  It's divided by subject matters of Science, Convictions and Beliefs, and Public Affairs.  I would never consider attempting (or dream of understanding) his scientific papers, but thought I might be able to garner a bit from his opinions on the world.  I'm enjoying it, though I do struggle a little with his syntax.


The River Widow by Ann Howard Creel

I figure I will need some fiction to rest my brain between Einstein's thoughts, so I will be starting The River Widow by Ann Howard Creel.

A woman accidentally kills her abusive husband, and must find a way to save herself and her stepdaughter from his cruel family out for revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails