background

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

What I'm reading Wednesday...

When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin

I checked out this audiobook from the library.  I thought I could listen to it while I'm working in the craft room.  I downloaded the necessary apps onto my phone.  I figured out how to set up the wireless headset I've had for over a year and never taken out of the box, and I paired it to my phone.

I am listening to it as I type, and remembering why I'm not enamored of audiobooks.  The narration is creeping me out!  I'd rather they just read it; I hate it when they change their voices and accents to represent different characters.  But I will try to stick with it.

From Goodreads:  A man with a painful past. A child with a doubtful future. And a shared journey toward healing for both their hearts.

From what I've heard so far, I'm guessing that the 'man' is a cardiologist who left his profession as he grieves his lost love.  The little girl is a heart transplant recipient/candidate.  They met on the street of a small town, and the little girl was hit by a delivery truck.  My prediction is that they will end up as family when he falls in love with her aunt/guardian.


I Shall Be Near To You by Erin Lindsay McCabe

I'm reading this one on my Kindle, but have just barely started.  

From Goodreads: An extraordinary novel about a strong-willed woman who disguises herself as a man in order to fight beside her husband in the Civil War, inspired by a real female soldier's letters home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails