background

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Planned overs...

A little planning ahead made an easy and delicious week.  It is such a head start to meal preparation to have the meat already cooked and ready to add to the rest of the ingredients.  The chicken I cooked last Friday was yummy (and simple) in all of its iterations, and nobody complained (or probably even recognized) the chicken as 'planned' over.

Friday:  
Seared four boneless/skinless chicken breast halves and six boneless/skinless chicken thighs on both sides, sprinkled a packet of taco seasoning mix over the pieces, poured mild salsa over the top of all, and cooked in slow cooker on low all afternoon.  

For Friday's supper Shredded Chicken Tacos:
I grilled some onions and bell pepper on the stove top.  I shredded one of the chicken breast halves and two of the thighs.  We assembled our tacos with flour tortillas, shredded chicken, grilled onions/peppers, shredded cheddar, sliced avocado, sour cream, and a squeeze of lime.

The rest of the chicken pieces I placed on a covered plate and refrigerated.

Saturday's supper Pasta Salad:
I cooked some bow-tie pasta.  Once cooled I placed it in a large salad bowl.  I added sliced carrots, sliced celery, sliced purple onion, baby corn, Spanish olives, ripe olives, and roughly chopped two of the chicken breasts and one thigh, and added all to the salad bowl.  I topped with a half cup or so of creamy Italian dressing and tossed.

Tuesday's supper King Ranch Casserole:  
In a fry pan I sauteed some chopped onion and bell pepper.  I stirred in one can of cream of mushroom soup, one can of cream of chicken soup, and one can of diced tomatoes.  I rough chopped the remaining chicken pieces and added to the soup mixture.  I stirred in a little milk to thin.  

I sprayed a casserole with non-stick cooking spray and layered three to four corn tortillas, about a third of the soup mixture, and about a half cup of shredded cheese.  Repeated the layers twice more ending with cheese.  Baked at 350° F for about 30 minutes or till golden on top and bubbling.  Served with guacamole.


4 comments:

  1. I need to plan more meals in advance. If I have a work day (occasional) or a busy day, we go out. We both eat chicken so I'm going to make these three meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, Madame! I lean toward that on work days as well (also occasional) if I don't have a plan. Hope these work out for you!

      Delete
  2. I wish I could get into the habit of doing this. It really makes life so much simpler. This looks delish...now I'm hungry! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say it's a habit. It's one of those things that I know is a worthy effort, that I do occasionally but should do much more often...like exercise. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails