background

Sunday, March 31, 2019

March at a glance...

Mar 1 - the first of the month is my day to thoroughly scrub any grungy kitchen jobs I have (drains, etc) with the sponge that has been in use for the past month.  Then I discard the old sponge, and put a new sponge in use.

Mar 2 - Still loving and appreciating my knives.  Having good tools at the ready make me happy.

Mar 3 - Updated mantel.  I switched out the 'L' and 'V' from February's 'LOVE' and put in the 'H' and 'M' which will probably stay up for awhile.  On the left is a cylinder vase of antique white buttons and a vintage Westie cast-iron doorstop that was a gift from a dear friend.  I love rounding up things from around the house and giving them center stage for awhile.

Mar 4 - Winter temperatures here, but the men of the house are watching the boys of summer do some spring training on television.


Mar 6 - Beans and cornbread.  I like mine with a drizzle of molasses over the top.  


Mar 10 - Making cinnamon rolls for Sunday family supper.


Mar 11 thru 15 -  working all week


Mar 16 - Delicious samples at the library program on Irish Soda Bread.  DEEElicious.  And they even provided Irish butter molded into four-leafed clover.  :)

Mar 17 - Sent my men off for some male bonding...the Grand Canyon and spring training baseball (live on the field, not just on tv this time).  


Mar 18 - at home medical testing



Mar 22 - made a card and popped it in the mail

Mar 24 - a kitchen day.  Baked a cake for Sunday family dinner.  Made these cracker snacks for the quilt retreat this week.  And made Spanish rice for tomorrow night's retreat meal.

Mar 25 - first project at the quilt retreat...stops and starts...redesigning on the fly

 Mar 26 - As ye sew, sew shall ye rip.


Mar 30 - a day trip to see m-i-l.  A spring day is a good day to drive across Texas.


Mar 31 - completing online surveys for free Sonic drinks.  This is the first one I've ever seen that says free Route 44 "with any food purchase."  Hope this isn't the new norm; I rarely buy food too.  Received this one yesterday while en route to m-i-l's; hoping it's location specific.

3 comments:

  1. I would say, a very productive March

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wrap for March isn't it. We have snow on the ground, can you believe. April fool no joke. Speaking of sponges, I ordered a bunch of melamine ones (like the Mr. Cleans) for really cheap so I use them often (err...whenever I get the urge to clean). Like your mantelpiece in white, specially the button jar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails