background

Monday, March 4, 2019

Making it Monday...

Today, possibly the coldest day of the year, was quilting day at the library.  

This is a W(ork) I(n) P(rogress) that I picked up to take with me today.  I believe the pattern is called 'Crosswalk.'  The center is made up of strips that are sewn together, cut to size, and then the white triangles are added to make a square.  The strips were sewn together and pressed a long time ago.  Today I added the white corners.  Now I need to press and trim the squares I finished today.  (The squares in these photos have been trimmed already.)

They will be assembled like so.  These bright Kaffe Fassett fabrics are so wild...not my normal palette at all.  I certainly have not been in a hurry to get this done.  It remains a WIP that is kept at easy access to grab to work on a bit at a time.

I had meant to put a meal in the Ninja slow cooker before I left this morning.  But I didn't, so when I got home about 3pm, I hurriedly seared the meat (right in the Ninja, which is why I love it so much) and tossed in onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage, some beef bouillon and two packets of beef gravy mix with about 4 to 6 cups of water, brought it to a boil, then turned it to the 'HI' slow cook setting for 4 hours.  I baked cornbread, and we enjoyed a hot and filling meal on this chilly evening.

2 comments:

  1. Your project and food look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never seen a quilt with those blocks. I can’t wait to see it finished. And that stew looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails