background

Friday, March 29, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2016, week 13...

Successes:
1.  Frugal Quilt Retreat.  Everybody pairs up to provide and prepare one supper.  We take our own breakfast and lunches.  No expensive catering or meals out for us.

2.  Gathered up everybody's fabric scraps, as I've been wanting to make a string quilt, and haven't been saving my own scraps for very long.  It will still be awhile before I have enough.

3.  I finished a gift project while I was there (except for the binding).  I expected to get just a few blocks done, but they went together quite easily, and are so cute!  I got the whole project assembled, sandwiched with batting (which was a free scrap from another attendee), machine quilted, trimmed and ready for binding.  I have binding fabric for it here at home.  I will try to get the binding made and sewn to front of project, then take it with me tomorrow to do the handwork finishing on the back while we visit m-i-l.

And I have enough of all the fabrics leftover to make another one for a friend that I know would love it.  

4.  We trade pet care duties with the kids, so there was no need for kenneling Rudy while I was gone and Carey was out of town for work.  

5.  Hired Caitlyn to come help with chores around the house today after school...floors swept and vacuumed, flat surfaces dusted, and master bed changed...for $25.  Not cheap, but I want it to be worth her time so she will keep wanting to come.  I think we are both happy; me with results, her with the cash for her savings goal.

Saturday:  chicken salad with crackers
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  quilt retreat eats
Tuesday:  quilt retreat eats
Wednesday:  quilt retreat eats
Thursday:  *burger
Friday:  tuna casserole w/ green beans

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails